Torcon has a long and valued relationship with Bristol-Myers Squibb, successfully completing work on all three of the company’s major Research and Development campuses in New Jersey. We have worked closely with the BMS staff on a wide range of projects over the past nine years. The majority of projects are completed within operational facilities. Focused advanced planning is required to ensure that operating areas are not impacted in any way during the construction process. Our recent experience includes:
- Building 115 Roller Compactor Suite (CM Services)
- Building 25 PD Material Warehouse (Funding Estimate & CM Services)
- Utility Upgrade (Funding Estimate/Scheduling)
- Microbiology Suite (Funding Estimate/Scheduling)
- Building 48A Lab Retrofit (CM Services)
- Building 109 Containment/Weigh Suite (Funding Estimate/Scheduling)
- Building 115/109 Microbiology Lab Suite (CM Services)
- Building 109 Clinical Supply Weigh Suite (CM Services)
- Building 115 Roller Compactor II Suite (CM Services)
- Building 115 Parenteral Flex Suite (CM Services)
- Building 109 PD Lab (CM Services)
Over the past five years, Torcon has collaborated with Mercedes-Benz on more than a half-dozen construction management projects at six locations in three states, from New Jersey to California. In each case, the level of support the client required was different, and Torcon Management Services was able to adapt and excel.
- Montvale Dining Facility Renovation (CM Services)
- North Bergen Vehicle Prep Facility (CM Services)
- Training Center Renovations (Design/Build)
- Montvale Headquarters Renovations (Design/Build)
- Learn more about Torcon's work on the Mercedes-Benz USA Headquarters Cafeteria Renovations
- Learn more about Torcon's Customer-Focused partnership with Mercedes-Benz USA
Lab Renovation and Infrastructure Upgrade—Monmouth Junction, NJ. Phased lab upgrade program. Work encompassed overall gut and reconfiguration of all labs within an occupied research facility, completed one lab at a time to ensure uninterrupted client operations. Additionally, Torcon upgraded on site utilities with new chillers and larger chilled water mains, additional emergency power, air handler modifications, and a complete site electrical power (69 kv) upgrade. (CM Services)
- B205 Lab Renovations—Pearl River, NY. Fast-track renovation of 12 labs and 20 offices to create new Robotic and Incubator Coating Labs in Pearl River, New York. Upgrades included extensive utility work—electrical, humidification, HVAC, environmental monitoring and lab services. Interior finishes include new ceilings, VCT and epoxy flooring, drywall, paint and carpet. An initial 13 week schedule was condensed to seven weeks to meet client’s need to initiate vaccine trial. (CM Services)
- B222/B200 Lab Renovations—Pearl River, NY. Renovation program to consolidate research and office functions from three buildings into a vacant 186,000 sq. ft. chemistry research building in Pearl River, New York. The renovation involved removal of over 200 twelve-foot fume hoods, renovation to supply and return air systems, and construction of new specialty labs on the lower level of the building. A second project was a renovation of existing lab space in Building 200 on the same campus. This project included a range of work from modifying existing partitions, electrical service and lab exhaust systems to upgrades and expansion of the lab monitoring system. (CM Services)
- Torcon has provided project management and field staffing resources to Atlantic Health to help the health care services provider manage projects throughout its network of northern New Jersey hospitals. (Focused Services)
- Atlantic Health and Morristown Medical Center engaged Torcon to provide program management services to assist the center in completing recommended Energy Conservation Measures as part of PSE&G's Carbon Abatement Program.
- AHS/Morristown Medical Center also engaged Torcon to conduct an initial feasibility study for the replacement of fluorescent and metal halide lights located in three parking garages. Similar studies were conducted at other AHS facilities including Overlook Medical Center in Summit, NJ and Newton Medical Center in Newton, NJ.
Brookdale Community College
Torcon provided preconstruction and construction phase CM Services to Brookdale Community College for a recently completed campus renovation program. BCC is Monmouth County's community college. The program encompassed three components at the main campus: the renovation of Collins Arena, an addition to the Arena for a fitness center and gymnasium, and upgrades to the College's Automotive Technologies Facility. Torcon also completed an extensive interior renovation to BCC's Western Monmouth Higher Education Center in Freehold.
- Torcon's services included working with the various design teams on the four projects during design, cost and schedule control, and bidding the projects in accordance with NJ County Procurement laws. During construction, we maintained an on-site presence to manage each of the general contractors.
- Learn more about Torcon's work with Brookdale Community College
Rumson Country Day School
Torcon provided comprehensive preconstruction services for the School's expansion program, including Master Plan development, bidding to contractors, and managing Phase 1 and 2 construction as the owner's on-site representative. The construction included a two-story, 22,500 sq. ft. classroom addition and renovation of existing spaces. (Focused Services)
Monmouth Prosecutor's Building
TMS is providing preconstruction and construction phase C
M services to the County for a two-phase program to construct a new office facility for the Prosecutor's Office. Phase I is a 28,000 sq. ft. prefabricated office facility, housing temporary court facilities. Phase II is a 100,000 sq. ft. office building that will house all functions for the Prosecutor's Office.
NJEDA's Real Estate group is one of Torcon's long-time clients. One project completed for the Authority is the Technology Centre of New Jersey in North Brunswick, which is a multi-building incubator campus for emerging businesses. TMS has supported the EDA's development activities by providing focused preconstruction services to evaluate options and to assist in potential tenant test-fit analysis. Recent projects include facility renovation analysis; fit-out analysis; building demolition; and facility expansion pricing. These services allow NJEDA to make fully informed decisions critical to their operations at the Tech Centre campus.
Torcon is currently providing CM Services for an expansion to Tech I, a
40,000 sq. ft. shell building. We are also CMs for a fit-out of the new building under a direct contract with the tenant, Merial, a division of Sanofi.
Cherry Hill Mall Bistro Row
TMS was able to provide CM services to PREIT, an existing client on an existing project, to address critical delivery milestones for isolated areas of work at the Cherry Hill Mall. While a $100,000,000 renovation and expansion program was underway, four new restaurant tenants were signed to leases on the Mall's Bistro Row. It was determined a focused management team was needed to deliver cold dark shells for four new restaurants (Capital Grill, Seasons 52, California Pizza Kitchen and Maggiano's) and an Urban Outfitters store. TMS mobilized its team to the site and delivered the facilities under an accelerated fast track schedule to meet the tenant's needs.
- Learn more about Torcon's work with the Cherry Hill Mall
- Torcon provided an array of targets CM services to the Borough for its new Town Hall project. The work includes a phased renovation of the existing 10,000 sq. ft. building and construction of an 8,000 sq. ft., two-story addition. Torcon assisted in cost control, schedule development and bidding, as well as monitoring the GC's construction activities.
TMS provided CM Services for the renovation of the existing 38,000 sq.ft. Plaza 3 building. The project includes the complete gut of the existing building and fit-out of a new corporate conference center and fitness center. The conference center includes a wide range of conference and training rooms from small intimate settings to a multipurpose room capable of seating 500 people. The multi-purpose room can be used for producing company-wide town hall broadcasts, subdivided and arranged for training sessions of 100+ people and then transformed for high end dinner parties and entertainment. A full service kitchen serves the conference center. The fitness center is designed as part of Munich's employee health and wellness program. Features include a full range of cardio equipment, exercise machines and a free weight area. A custom spinning room includes a wind generation system to provide an outdoor cycling feel. Additionally a dance/aerobics room and full physical therapy facilities are included. Facility to apply for LEED Platinum certification.