- Project Managers
- Site Safety Managers
- Project Engineers - New Jersey
- Superintendents - New Jersey
- BIM Engineer
All positions require:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read and understand plans and specifications.
- Ability to work in a team environment and handle multiple assignments.
- Independent judgment, problem solving ability, self-starting, and ability to prioritize based on relevant factors.
- Strong commitment to customer service and safety.
Torcon has an exciting new opportunity for a Project Manager to join our growing Red Bank office. The selected project manager will be involved in a range of healthcare, academic, and life science construction projects.
The Project Manager has direct responsibility for assigned projects, from preconstruction phase project development and planning to construction phase execution. Reporting directly to senior management, the Project Manager oversees budget management; development and management of all project documentation; subcontractor contract management; and project reporting, as well as regular communication with project staff, the design team and the customer.
Successful candidates will have 10-15 years of experience with a general contractor or construction management firm; an Engineering, Architecture, CM degree or equivilant education/experience; demonstrable experience in managing a range of healthcare, academic, and life science projects; and the ability to work in a team environment and handle multiple assignments. Familiarity with Prolog, CMIC and Primavera tools is a plus.
Torcon is presenting a tremendous opportunity for a motivated, professional, team player to work as part of our health and safety staff on projects throughout New Jersey. The site safety manager has primary on-site responsibility working with the trades to organize jobs using safe practices. Tasks include THA analysis, worker orientation, safety training, continual assessment of projects, and record-keeping. The Site Safety Manager reports to Torcon's Corporate Safety Director. Assignment may involve a single project or multiple sites.
- Minimum 7 years experience in construction safety management
- Large-scale project experience
- Safety oversight of multiple subcontractors
- Effective teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Able to read and understand drawings and specifications
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- OSHA 30 Hour trained (500 certification a plus)
- Able to work with minimal supervision and self-starter
- Computer literacy (MS Office a minimum; BIM 360 a plus)
- CSP, CHST, HAZWOPER certification a plus
Torcon is seeking Project Engineers with 3 to 7 years of experience in the construction industry. The Project Engineer will be responsible for evaluation of submittals and RFI’s to support construction activities and resolution of design/field issues. The Project Engineer must interact with field supervisors, owner representatives, and design professionals.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 3 to 7 years of experience
- Degree in Civil, Mechanical, CM, Construction Technology or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of major software packages (Prolog, CMIC, Microsoft, BIM 360)
- Experience in project controls
- Experience in shop drawing/submittal administration
- Ability to coordinate resolution of field issues with design professionals
Torcon has immediate positions for Superintendents to join our New Jersey office and oversee the execution of construction projects.
Superintendent responsibilities include field management, logistics and safety planning, contributions to schedule discussions, safety management and quality control. Opportunities exist for Lead Superintendents as well as positions within multi-superintendent teams on larger projects.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 5 years of experience in all phases of construction; a degree in Engineering, Technical/Design, CM or equivalent experience; and a minimum 30-hour OSHA training. Experience in quality and schedule-driven healthcare, corporate, and/or life science projects is a plus.
Torcon is seeking a BIM Engineer to join out growing BIM group. This position assists in the creation, evaluation, and distribution of 3D BIM models for use in estimating, purchasing, and construction operations. The BIM Engineer will assist Torcon’s project teams working with owner’s architects and engineers to facilitate collaboration and communication throughout the project, and interact with subcontractors, vendors and the design team during construction. In addition to working in a fast-paced team environment, the BIM Engineer will have primary responsibility for assigned projects, as Model Integrator. Candidates must be able to perform essential field engineering tasks and have strong capabilities with Navisworks and BIM 360, with working knowledge of Revit, AutoCAD and related programs.
- Maintain integration of models including structure, interior, and exterior architectural elements and MEP systems
- Coordinate with BIM service providers and/or Subcontractors
- Update as-built and revised BIM logs and reports; maintain BIM server folders
- 4D Schedule Simulation
- Assist with uploading, maintain, and distributing documents to the field and subcontractors
- Assist to set-up and maintain all control logs (RFI’s, shop drawings, as-built, etc.) and shop/fabrication-level models for approval
- Site inspection and liaising with trade contractors
- Participate in model coordination and model coordination meetings.
- Compile contract BIM close out documentation
- Degree in Civil, Mechanical, Construction Management, Construction Technology, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 2-4 years of project engineering experience – intern field engineer, entry level field engineer or equivalent.
- Strong ability to read and understand plans specifications.
- Minimum 2 years consistent use, and be able to demonstrate experience in required software (Revit, AutoCAD, Navisworks, and Sketch-up)