HEADQUARTERS AND TEST FACILITY
- Project Overview
- Project Details
Far Hills, New Jersey
TOTAL SQUARE FOOTAGE:
40,000 sq. ft. addition to the existing headquarters
4,500 sq. ft. addition to the testing facility
Torcon was chosen as the CM for the United States Golf Association’s new headquarters and test facility in Far Hills, New Jersey.
The USGA’s previous headquarters was the circa 1919 20-room mansion located on 62.5 acres of land referred to as “Golf House,” which they relocated to in 1972 from Manhattan. The new two-story headquarters and test facility adjacent to the “Golf House” features a Georgian-style colonial design with red brick and glass.
The office facilities, 48,000 sq. ft., has conference facilities, a 2,5000 sq. ft. worldwide data processing center and a full-height entrance lobby complete with winding staircase and suspended walkway. The luncheon room has a large overhead skylight, 35-foot ceilings and fireplace, glass French doors and floor-to-ceiling windows on the exterior walls. The testing and research facility is a separate structure with an indoor and outdoor driving range to test golf various golf equipment.
Torcon was contacted once again by the USGA for the expansion of their administrative offices and testing facility in 1999. The four-story, 40,000 sq. ft. addition to the existing headquarters and the 4,500 sq. ft. addition to the testing facility and the related site work received a new mechanical system that serves the new expansion and the existing offices and museum.