MULTI PHASE BUILDING RENOVATIONS
- Project Overview
- Project Details
Ridgewood, New Jersey
TOTAL SQUARE FOOTAGE:
The project involved the complete renovation of 40,000 square feet of space with high-end finishes.
The hospital exercised contract options to add a 34,000–square-foot fourth floor atop the Bergen Building and construct an attached addition for an MRI center.
What began as a simple renovation project has developed into a multi-phase facility upgrade program that has impacted virtually all departments at The Valley Hospital in Ridgewood.
Torcon's work at The Valley Hospital began in 1996 with a contract to renovate the Cheel Wing Obstetrics and Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. The project involved the complete renovation of 40,000 square feet of space with high-end finishes.
This next phase provided 48 new beds for Critical Care/Intensive Care/Cardiac Surgery. Construction occurred above an occupied Medical-Surgical facility.
Subsequent projects added by Valley cover a wide range of facilities:
- A single-story underground parking structure providing space for 411 cars. The garage was completed by Torcon under a design/build contract to facilitate early occupancy.
- A one-story below-grade emergency generator vault.
- Extensive site utility and site lighting improvements.
- Multi-phased expansions to endoscopy, cardiac catheterization, same-day surgery, radiation oncology, and the emergency department.
- An underground linear accelerator vault requiring a heavy concrete-shielded structure.
- Renovation of various clinical areas including labs, diagnostic imaging, nuclear medicine, hemodynamics, EKG, sleep studies, hemodialysis, cardiac rehabilitation, and physical therapy.
- A new main entrance to the hospital involving a 4,000–square-foot addition and featuring a two-story glass enclosure, balcony, landscaping, and site improvements.
- Upscale renovations of the Breast Center, the administrative suite, lobby, Caduceus Club, and the Pre-Admission Testing Suite. These areas utilize high-level finishes of select maple and cherry paneling, custom carpet and flooring, decorative glass, and lighting.
Today, Torcon continues to assist The Valley Hospital with additional renovations at the main hospital campus, including upgrades to their conference center, seven Med/Surgical units, pharmacy, diagnostic imaging, and public corridors.